Monday 23 December 2013

*Christmas Memories*

First I thought about writing what Christmas means to me and how we celebrate it in Switzerland. Well, I had another idea and will focus on Christmas memories in this post. If you’d like to know more about the other things, just click here and read about it. The lovely Rebecca asked me and a few others to write about Christmas for her blog.

I don’t know about you, but Christmas for me is always connected to a lot of joyful memories with my family and friends. It was really hard for me to pick out my favourite Christmas memory, because there are so many. Well, I decided so here it is:

Me as a Christmas angel at a concert last year.

"My favourite Christmas was two years ago. It was the last Christmas with my grandma still alive and the first real Christmas with my little cousin (she is five years old now). It was the last time we enjoyed Christmas with the whole family and we had so much fun. My mum and I love to sing, so we prepared a song and even a little dance, it was hilarious, I had to laugh all the time. It was also so cute to see my little cousin being all excited about Christmas and opening her presents. I’ll never forget that." - Simona Elena




Now, enough of me, here are some other Christmas memories of some lovely ladies, who agreed to share them with us. Thank you so much my darlings, you’re the best <3 xxx

- - -

"My fav Christmas story.. puhh my parents always decorde the tree secretly so we "kids" only get to see it on christmas eve for the first time, with the candles burning and all (it's really magical) so this one time we got a budgie for christmas and it was in the living room and really loud, so the rents played music even louder in order for us not to hear.. it was soo weird yet soo fun..
but i love Christmas every year.. brings back the child in me, i get all giddy and excited hihi" – @iCariWill

 - - -

"My favourite memory of Christmas would be the last one I spent with Mum & Dad sitting at our dinner table along with my Gran & Granddad, that would have been back in 1992. Sadly they have now all died but life goes on and now we have a gorgeous granddaughter sitting at out table!! Thank you for the chance of the give-away and MERRY CHRISTMAS xxxx" – @SheerieF

 - - -

"One Christmas Eve years ago, at night, my brother and I set our alarm clocks for half three in the morning on Christmas day so that we could wake up really early and be excited together.  We did so, got up and happily looked at our stockings and guessed what the presents were. By then it was still only four o'clock in the morning and we wanted to get to sleep but the excitement was too much. So, instead, we sat and played a games console until about half six when our parents reluctantly got up! This is my favourite Christmas memory." – @forfrodobaggins (http://thegirlinthemoonlight.blogspot.ch)

 - - -

"I honestly have to say I don’t have a special Christmas memory because every christmas was special on it’s own. The most important for me is to spend Christmas with my family. We’re all coming together, eat delicious food and enjoy the time we have together. I am also excited to gift my presents. I just love the moment when family members open up their presents and you see their happy surprise on their face. That warms up my heart." – Isabell from @DWOE_REVIEWS (http://dreamingwithopeneyesreviews.blogspot.de)

- - -



 "I love Christmas; absolutely the most wonderful time of the year. So it's hard to pick just one favorite memory, but I'm going with Christmas of 2010. Like every year we had had the most magical evening with lot's of presents and amazing food... and way too much wine. My uncle is an amateur DJ and always brings his laptop. We all started dancing, especially my mum and aunt, who had had a bit much too drink. It was just so fun to see and such a care free moment for all of us. Christmas really is a happy time for us with lots of love and new, warm memories each year." –  @MarylineVP (http://mssbookshelf.blogspot.be)





                             
- - -




"As I’ve mentioned to Simona before, Christmas isn’t a big deal to my family but in 2010-2011, my parents took my best friend Rachel and myself to Disneyland Paris for new years eve. It was still decorated all Christmasy and they had a huge firework display behind the castle during the countdown to new year. I know it’s not exactly about Christmas, but that was the best new years eve I’ve ever had!"
Picture: (Me: Left, Rachel: Right) – @jennymarston_xo (http://jennyinneverland.wordpress.com






- - -

"First off, I would like to say a big THANK YOU to my dear friend Simona for inviting me to her blog to share my favorite Christmas memory with her readers. It's pretty easy for me actually choose one, because I sure had the most memorable Christmas two years ago. Two years ago, right after Christmas I got pregnant with my second child, Luka.Of course, finding out about such a great news would be the highlight of anyone's year, but to my husband and me it was something more than that. And now, I have to go back to the beginning, which will not be easy for me since honestly, I've not shared this with many people.
Getting pregnant with my first child was really easy. Hubby and I were 6 months married and felt we're ready to start a family of our own. After the very first attempt, Nikola was conceived. He's such an angel, big eyes, shy nature, very calm and rather quiet kid. I had him by C-section and he was such a pretty baby and quite a big one, 4 kg and 52cm. He's still big, and just like daddy loves food.:)
Until the time Nikola turned 3, hubby and I didn't really try to have another baby. We still felt young and were terribly busy with MSc, plus we were looking for a new house, and I waited for a big promotion. By the time we were ready and felt it's the right time to get pregnant again, we found out it's not gonna be as easy as the first time.

I never EVER, not even in my wildest dreams, thought that getting pregnant for the second time would be difficult for me. After all, biologically I was not that old and everything seemed more than fine with both of us. And then we started visiting doctors and took god knows how many tests to see what was wrong. Both tests and doctors had no explanation, they said we're fine and healthy and just have to wait for the right time. No medications were prescribed, no op interventions...nothing." - Ana from @ThisChickReads (http://thischickreads.wordpress.com)

- - -

My favourite Christmas memory has to be when I unwrapped my toy kitchen at the age of 6 or 7. I was absolutely besotted with this kitchen. I used to love watching my mum potter around our own kitchen as a little girl, wide-eyed in fascination and awe as I watched her waltz around getting jobs done like Mary Poppins. Cleaning, cooking, ironing and washing. Today, as the mother of seven children, she pretty much still does the same and I still sit there and watch her. I guess things never change! But anyway, when Santa left me that kitchen, my eyes were like saucers. It had a cooker, a sink, two or three cupboards and a kettle. I had all sorts of plastic food in the cupboards; fried eggs, chips and sausages. I even had little boxes of cereal and plastic tins of soup. I was amazed! I probably drove my mum crazy with the endless cups of pretend tea and plates of plastic egg, sausage and chips, but she played along and I had the time of my life. At that age, my imagination was incredibly rich with ideas and dreams. That kitchen opened up a world of playing "pretend"; I could be a famous chef, I could be a waitress in a cafe or, like my own mum, I could just serve dinner for my family. I had endless amounts of fun with it and I'd love to go back to that Christmas again and play all over again. It's amazing how the small things amaze us when we're children. - Rebecca/@Beccasbooooks (http://beccasbooooks.blogspot.co.uk)

- - -

I really love Christmas so picking one favourite memory is hard! I'm trying to think if one particular thing stands out, like a particular present. Ok, got it. A couple of years ago we had dinner with my parents and then went to my boyfriends to spend Christmas night. His brother and his partner and his sister and mum joined us in the kitchen and we sat and had some supper. His kitchen has a bowl hole, which is like a hole in the wall between the kitchen and living room, like a serving window. And we decided to take it in turns to play charades and the person who's turn it was would go through to the living room and act out the charade in the bowl hole while we all watched them like watching TV! It was just a really great, fun end to Christmas Day. - Erin/@erinschoicee (http://erins-choice.blogspot.ch)

- - -

I hope you all enjoyed these lovely Christmas memories as much as I did. Some of them actually made me cry. 

Thank you ladies for sharing these festive thoughts with me and all the readers. You're amazing. ♥ ♥ 




I wish you all Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014. Hope you have some great days full of joy, love and great memories ;). We can share them again next year :)






1 comment:

  1. This is such a lovely idea and post! Thank you allowing me to be a part of it! :-)

    ReplyDelete