Sunday 5 January 2014

I've Got Your Number - by Sophie Kinsella


Original Cover
My own copy


The blurb:

I've lost it. The only thing in the world I wasn't supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It's been in Magnus's family for three generations. And now, the very same day his parents are coming, I've lost it. The very same day. Do not hyperventilate Poppy. Stay positive!!



Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier.  She is about to marry the ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her 'happy ever after' begins to fall apart.  Not only has she lost her engagement ring but in the panic that followed, she has now lost her phone. As she paces shakily round the hotel foyer she spots an abandoned phone in a bin. Finders keepers!  Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!



Well, perfect except the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton doesn't agree.  He wants his phone back and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading all his messages and wading into his personal life.  



What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other's lives through emails and text messages.  As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents... she soon realises that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.

My opinion:

This was my first Sophie Kinsella book and I was really excited to read it, because everyone told me how great it was!
I got hooked from the first page on. I felt so sorry for Poppy when she couldn’t find the ring and then she found this phone.
I really loved it when she tried to entertain these Japanese people and apparently so did Sam (it’s his phone, well his PA’s, but she’s left).

They started texting each other and she forwarded his business mails to him. He helped her to get a fake ring ...
Magnus, yes, Poppy’s fiancé. I never really liked him and his family. I know that he had kind of a secret and I wanted to find out.

My favourite moment was when Poppy and Sam were in the woods, all alone, just the two of them so close to each other. They’re meant for each other. However, there was still Magnus and Sam’s ex and even though Magnus seemed to be unfaithful Poppy still wanted to marry Magnus. She called the wedding off first, but then he proposed to her again with another ring. I almost couldn’t bear it, I wanted to shake her and tell her to leave Magnus!!

At the entrance of the church (yes on the Wedding day), Poppy hears something about a message from a Sam Roxton to stop the wedding. Apparently he sent this to all the guest and now he’s standing on the other side oft he street. 
Such a great and in a way romantic thing to stop a wedding. The characters felt so alive and real in the book.

Great story, with so much energy and depth. Entertaining and romantic at the same time and just soooo much fun! 

Rating:






My possible cast:

Poppy: Mini Anden






















Sam: James Marsden












Magnus: Leonardo diCaprio
















Sophie Kinsella on Twitter: @KinsellaSophie

That was my first Sunday review. From now on there's a review every Wednesday and Sunday. My everyday bloggin comes to end end today, I really enjoyed posting so much over the holidays, when I finally had some time. Tomorrow I'm back to other duties, my 5 weeks internship for Uni ist starting, so I won't post as much. Tomorrow or Tuesday the first guest post will be up ;)




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed I've Got Your Number. I read this in two days over the summer. I loved the flirtatious conversations between Poppy and Sam, I particularly liked the Scrabble texts. Haha!

    You should read some other Sophie Kinsella books. They're amazing. :)

    adventuresfromthebookshelf.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete