Friday 21 February 2014

Between A Rockstar and A Hard Place - by Portia MacIntosh

Original Cover
My own copy
The blurb:

Behind the music…

Being best friends with a mega-star has its perks and Nicole Wilde, music journalist, laps them up. But when said friend, Dylan King, gorgeous lead singer of The Burnouts, has zero sense of self-preservation – once a drop of alcohol hits his blood stream and an inability to keep ‘little Dylan’ in his pants, it also comes with responsibilities.

Now, Nicole has to track down Dylan in time to play a charity gig tomorrow. Half a dozen groupies, a haunted hotel, a tattoo parlour, a reality show runner-up and a crazy bed-hopping, sleepless night later – will she find him before the tour bus leaves town? And when she does, is it time to head home? Or to jump on the tour bus and go along for the ride!

Between a Rockstar and a Hard Place is the fun and fabulous prequel to Portia MacIntosh’s Starstruck. Look out for it March 2014.

My Opinion:

*Book provided by author in exchange of an honest review*

Let’s talk about the cover for a second. I think it’s really gorgeous and catchy. The writing is beautiful and there are little details on it, which make the cover even more interesting. The colours add the right spark to it.

First of all, I’d like to say that I’m always very curious to read stories, which include music or musicians. Having a passion for music myself makes it really special to have an insight into this world.

This book is such a fun, adventurous and enjoyable read.
Nicole is such a lovely character and I really liked her energy. The way things happened with Troy were funny and romantic in one way, but a bit unrealistic and fast in the other way. I’m already really curious what’s going to happen next between them in Starstruck.

Nicole and later also Troy are trying to find Gavin, her best friend and the gorgeous musician, the whole day, night and then day again. They meet a lot of crazy and interesting people and it’s a whole adventure ride. There was happening something all the time and I kept moving the pages on and on, to find out more. That's one thing I look for in a book. When it's a total page turner, I'm hooked and that was definitely the case with this novella.

We didn’t get to read much about Gavin, but let’s say he’s THE typical musician. Having fun, partying and well sleeping around a lot. I loved how Gavin and Nicole were together and that they have their special tradition. I really hope to read more about him and also their friendship in the next book.
This is the perfect start to the next story. There were some unrealistic things happening from time to time and I felt it was over before it began, that’s why I can only give 4 coffee cups and not 5. That doesn’t mean I didn’t love it, there was just something missing. Portia style of writing is catchy, gripping and very enjoyable, can’t wait for more.

Rating: 

PortiaMacIntosh on Twitter: @PortiaMacIntosh
Website: http://portiamacintosh.tumblr.com

Big THANK YOU to the wonderful Gosling Girls for organizing this wonderful book tour xxx



@GGBookTours







No comments:

Post a Comment