Friday 21 March 2014

How Not To Be Starstruck - by Portia MacIntosh

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



@GGBookTours
Original Cover
My own copy















The blurb:

Nicole Wilde’s life is one of sell-out gigs, bunking on tour buses, trashing hotels and partying with the band all night long. But she’s not in the band. She is a music journalist, paid to be the world’s greatest groupie– and she loves it!

Nicole has the party lifestyle – and the hangovers to prove it – but no one stops her in the supermarket on a bad hair day. Until she is papped in an incriminating position with recently married mega-star Dylan King of The Burnouts and the tabloids start hounding her. This isn’t so fun. Especially when her make-up is a mess and she hasn’t yet had a chance to clean her teeth.

Dylan accuses her of ruining his marriage. His handsome PR agent, Charles, calls her a tart. She has to take gorgeous Luke from Two For the Road to hospital after a drug incident. And she’s dropped her mobile phone in the bath! Too much celebrity lifestyle for one week? Time to slow down and take stock? Maybe for somebody else. But Nicole Wilde is going to come out fighting!

Don't miss Portia MacIntosh's linked novella Between a Rockstar and a Hardplace to see where Nicole started out!

My Opinion:

First of all I’d like to thank the amazing GoslingGirlsBook Tours for organizing yet another great tour.

I was so happy when this book finally jumped into my kindle, because I was so curious how Nicole’s story would go on. There is a short novella Between a Rockstar and a Hard Place which introduced us the Nicole Wilde, read my review here: Between A Rockstar And A Hard Place Review.

I'm totally in love with this cover, gorgeous!!!

Nicole is a music journalist and friends to great musician. Dylan King is her best friend and she goes on tour with the band Two For the Road. Her life on tour is full of fun, partying and flirting. It so much fun being on this journey with Nicole and the musicans. I love music and it was great to get an inside to this whole world.

Of course there is a lot going on with misunderstandings, drama and the media.
Nicole’s always had a crush on Luke and when the kiss passionatly she is over the moon. But then on a later occasion everything is weird and not the same.
Then there’s Charles, Dylan’s gorgeous PR agent. They get to know each other on Dylan’s wedding. I liked Charles, and I also liked Charles and Nicole as a couple, so couple. However, it turns out that he doesn’t really trust her.
I love the scene when they saw each other again and Nicole did something „awesome“!!!

Her friendship with is tested in a hard way and I was really surprised by Dylan’s behaviour. I just hoped that everything would turn out okay.

Nicole is thrown into the spotlight and hast o deal with a lot of things at once. It’s hard when some people just don’t believe you. It was so sweet how Luke cared for her. Their chemistry was there all the time, but as a reader I never new if Luke was honest about his feelings and I was kept guessing on the ending and both their futures.
Luke has also other problems and issuses to deal with an I just hoped for Nicole to keep him out of it. He really scared me at one point, which made this story even more fascinating and interesting.

Portia’s writing took me in immediately, it’s so bubbly, vivid, creative and sparkling! Well done 


Rating: 

My possible cast:

Nicole: Kristen Bell





















Luke: James Franco
















Dylan: Alexander Skarsgård

























Charles: Ryan Reynolds





















PortiaMacIntosh on Twitter: @PortiaMacIntosh









1 comment:

  1. ooh, you are SO right! Kristen Bell would make the perfect Nicole!!

    ReplyDelete