Thursday 6 March 2014

Q&A with Karli Perrin

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


















I'm so happy to welcome the amazing Karli Perrin on Sky's Book Corner today. I read her books April Showers and April Fools back in January and I loved them. I will post the reviews next month. Her new story The Honey Trap will come out this summer, look out for it. I got in contact with Karli on Twitter and she offered doing a Q&A for my blog, thank you for doing this lovely lady, can't wait to read more of your stories xxx.


Bio
Karli Perrin is a 25 year old English Language & Linguistics graduate from Manchester, England. She has always been a big lover of books and was inspired to write her own - April Showers. 
She is a big believer of fate and is a sucker for a happy ending. She truly believes that there is a reason why you are reading this right now (apart from the fact that you are awesome!) 
Her ultimate goal in life is to live in a house made entirely out of books with her best friend, who also happens to be her fiancé.

...Hogwarts is plan B.



Interview

1. What do you enjoy most about writing? 

I enjoy the escape that it provides. It allows me to fully immerse myself into a different world. I also love talking to readers about my books - it's an amazing feeling.

2.  Tell us more about your inspiration for April Showers and April Fools. 

I was working in a school at the time and it made me think back to my own experience in education, especially my time at University. I wanted to write a book about a girl who moves away from all of her friends and starts a new life at University. I couldn't wait to explore her new surroundings, new friends and new crushes!

3. Are there any plans for more lovely Karli Perrin stories? 

Yes. I'm currently working on something new which I'm hoping to release this summer. It's completely different to the April series but that's all I'm going to say for now ;)

4. When you’re not writing what do you enjoy most? 

I love to read - I'm a huge book nerd. When I'm taking a break from writing, I usually read around three books a week. When I was writing/editing April Showers, I didn't read for two months and it almost killed me!

5. What books have most influenced your life?

 I grew up reading Harry Potter and it really sparked my interest in reading. I'm also a huge fan of Twilight.

6. What was the hardest part of writing your book? 

Editing. I wrote out of scene order so it was difficult piecing it all together at the end. April Fools was a lot easier to edit because I started writing at chapter one and worked until I reached the end.

7. Where and when do you write your stories? 

I write whenever I get time. I usually get my ideas when I'm driving then write them down when I get home. 

8. How would you describe your style of writing? 

Sarcastic, fun and fast paced.

9. Any advice for aspiring writers? 

Write as often as you can. Writing is a craft - you get better with practice.

10. If you could switch places with a character of a book, who would it be and why? 

Hermione Granger so I could go to Hogwarts. Gryffindor all the way!

11. If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you? 

Harry Potter, Beautiful Disaster and The Fault in Our Stars.

12. If you could plan the perfect holiday, what would it be? 

Relaxing on the beach with a good book!

13. Did you always dream of being a writer? 

I always wanted to be a teacher but now all I want to do is write. It's my dream job.

14. Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of?

 Allegiant. I will say no more...

15. What are 5 items you never leave home without?

My iPhone, Kindle, purse, lip balm and chewing gum.

16. Coffee or tea? Tea. I can't stand coffee.

17. Paperback or e-reader? I adore my Kindle and eBooks are miles more convenient but paperbacks will always have a special place in my heart. I love my book shelf.

18. Mountains or the sea? Sea.

19.  Summer or winter? Summer (although I LOVE Christmas)

20. Sweet or salty? Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment