Saturday 13 September 2014

My best birthday gift by Librarian Lavender

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



I’m very excited to write this guest post for my friend Simona. Because our birthdays aren’t far apart and Simona is celebrating the 1st anniversary of her blog I’ve decided to write about something festive. Books and birthdays.
My birthday is on September 4th and even though I’m not looking forward to getting older, I love birthdays. I start counting the days at least a month in advance and I always have a list ready with possible presents. A few years ago a good friend of mine told me she always gets a great birthday gift for herself and since then I do that as well, because I love the idea. This year I’ve bought a painting and I’m very pleased with it.
I truly have something to celebrate. My health isn’t very good and last year I hit rock bottom. Nobody could visit me on my special day and I could hardly breathe because of several infections in my lungs. Since a few months I’m taking permanent antibiotics and I’m feeling so much better. That’s the main reason why I want to celebrate big time. It’s really important to me to share this with as many people as possible.
Of course books and birthdays are going very well together. Last year there was a huge amazon sale and I got the biggest surprise I’ve ever received. My parents gave me a big box filled with 32 books and another one with three book sets that contained at least 15 more. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw them. I’m still amazed that they did that for me. My husband gave me a stunning piece of jewelry designed just for me. It’s so sweet and pretty. Together they made my quiet birthday great, which was the best gift I ever received!

No comments:

Post a Comment