Saturday 4 October 2014

A Book I Want to Live In by Jessica Bickerton

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
At first I thought this was going to be quite an easy choice to make, but I soon found myself struggling as I imagined myself coming to life in all the different books I’ve read. There are so many that would be so exciting and, for many different reasons, so satisfying. My initial instinct was to go with a Jane Austen novel, as I’ve always dreamt about what it would be like to live during the turn of the 19th century, wearing gorgeous gowns and spending your days reading, studying music and lavishing in the thrill of being courted by a handsome gentlemen.

**Big sigh as I begin to daydream**

So sorry, I’m back in the room now. Just been enjoying Mr Darcy’s company. **wink**

After much deliberation, and a lot of fun thanks to my vivid imagination, I have decided to go with the book that I feel is most connected to how I am feeling right now.
A book I want to live in is… I heart New York by Lindsey Kelk.

I hold Lindsey Kelk’s I heart series completely and utterly responsible for me starting my blog, A Novel Thought. I was inspired by Angela’s bravery in taking the leap to put her writing out into the world, and her life, and just seeing what happened. So I haven’t done completely the same as I haven’t been writing about myself – not sure that would be the making of a thrilling blog – but instead writing about my passion of reading. Right now I am in a period of my life where things are very crazy with work, life and everything else in between. I’ve been feeling a bit lost and not sure what path to follow to get what I want out of life – and that’s even if I can work that out!

As such, I would love to live in I heart New York – escape my normal life and runaway to the big city. Being a Sex and  the City fan I have always dreamed of living the big city life, having an apartment in Manhattan and nothing sounds better right about now. Although Angela’s life is thrown into a great deal of chaos from her escape it becomes so full of excitement and great opportunities. I guess when you’re feeling a little lost yourself you are drawn to the story of a girl who is too, and it’s easy to get caught up in wishing it was you on your path to self-discovery.

Don’t get me wrong, Angela has many cringe worthy moments in the story and things that happen to her you wouldn’t wish on anyone. But ultimately she ends up with an awesome career opportunity, and who can forget her bestie Jenny. We all need a Jenny Lopez in our lives! I definitely wouldn’t say no to the makeover that Angela gets from her new friends. Like Angela I also have a thing for musicians, so definitely wouldn’t complain about having to date the gorgeously hot Alex.

Whenever I read I heart New York I can’t help but picture myself strolling down the streets of New York, takeaway coffee in hand, on my way to meet my Editor!

Maybe one day – but for now I will have to settle for living vicariously through Angela! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment