Sunday 12 October 2014

Bad Bridesmaid - by Portia MacIntosh



Original Cover
My own copy
The blurb:

‘My wedding is ruined and my marriage is going to fail. And it’s all your fault!'
LA romcom writer Mia Valentina has it all; money, success, a tanned and toned body, golden blonde hair and a string of sexy lovers. She’s almost forgotten her previous self: plain old Mia Harrison. Until a wedding invitation arrives requesting (demanding!) her presence as chief bridesmaid at her younger sister Belle’s upcoming nuptials.

Mia’s barely been back in England before she’s accidentally injured the groom, unintentionally ‘cursed’ the wedding and been caught in a compromising position with her sister’s soon to be brother-in-law!

With the wedding of the year going dangerously off the rails, Mia has no time to waste – especially with sexy fireman and best man Leo on hand to help… Will she use all of her expert romance knowledge to save the day or will she just walk away? No one ever said a bad girl had to turn good…

My Opinion:

*Book provided by the author in exchange for honest review*

Another Portia book, yay! I’ve read her other books and loved them! Unfortunately this story couldn’t live up to that and I’m very sorry for that Portia, I hope you forgive me, cause you’re writing is brilliant!

Mia Valentina has a great job, lives in LA and she’s rocking her new look with blonde hair! But then she has to back to the UK for her sisters wedding. She never had a great relationship with her family and now she is chief bridesmaid for her younger sister?!

Everything that can go wrong goes wrong. She drops every possible clanger ;). And she is 29 and single, her family doesn’t really approve of that. And anyway she’s never falling in love…

We get to several other characters, like Mike or Leo. Mike is in the same position as she is with his family. His younger brother is about to get married. And Leo, he’s the best man and somehow she’s drawn to him. I liked the two of them together very much, it seemed liked they had a real connection.

I found it difficult to relate to Mia and I didn’t like her decisions, Leo was there all the time, but she was the last one to see the truth.

At times I felt that the story moved a bot too fast and that there was too much going on.

It’s a light-hearted and funny read! This last spark was just missing for me, still very good 3 sea shells ;).

Rating:




My possible cast:

Mia: Jennifer Hawkins
















Leo: Francis Cadieux




















PortiaMacIntosh on Twitter: @PortiaMacIntosh

No comments:

Post a Comment