Wednesday 22 October 2014

Cupcakes at Carrington’s – by Alexandra Brown

Original Cover
My own copy

The blurb:

Georgie Hart loves her job – running the luxury handbag concession at Carrington's Department store in the pretty seaside town of Mulberry-On-Sea, and treating herself (once too often!) to a red velvet cupcake with buttercream icing in Carrington's café.

But Georgie is thrown into disarray when Carrington's is plunged into a recession-busting makeover, cueing the arrival of femme fatale Maxine, who wields the axe in her immaculately-manicured hands.

It spells a recipe for disaster for Georgie and soon she is fighting not only for her job, but also for the attentions of her gorgeous boss, James. And when hot newcomer Tom arrives, who may or may not be the best thing since sliced bread, Georgie must decide where her loyalties really lie…

My Opinion:

Finally!!! I’ve bought this book last December together with Christmas at Carrington’s (will be part of my Christmas feature) and I actually can’t believe how long it took me to pick it up and read it. I’ve heard so many great things about it from my blogger friends and they were SO right, I absolutely loved it!!!!

The story follows Georgie Hart, a sweet, adorable and bubbly heroine. She work in the women’s department of Carrington’s and she’s really happy with it. I have to say, I wouldn’t say no to a job like that ;).

But then everything changes, when a woman called Maxine turns up and wants to change everything. Suddenly Georgie sees herself competing against her boss James and against gorgeous Tom.
Georgie’s always had a thing for James, but he’s married and it turns out he had a thing with Maxine. And Tom?! Well, one thing is for sure he’s really attractive, but why does he appears out of the blue, who is he?! You'll find out when you read the story, let me just tell you this: It gives the whole situation a completely different light.

Georgie is always faced with her past from time to time, which doesn’t make this whole situation easier. I was so glad for her to have Sam (her best friend) and Eddie (work colleague and friend). They were there for her all the time and brought some great spark into the story. Especially Eddie, I loved him! Adorable, gay Eddie, the best friend a woman can wish for. The characters were all so well lined out and adorable. The mixture between them was great and reading Georgie’s point of view was very refreshing and great. Alex’s writing is fresh, young, bubbly and full of sweet and heart-warming moments.

Towards the end the drama increased dramatically, which was great and I didn’t know how it would turn out, which is always a great thing!!! This book is brilliant!!! The epilogue was sweet and I can’t wait to read the rest of this series!!!


Rating:





My possible cast:

Georgie: Rachel McAdams



James: Oliver Jackson Cohen
















Tom: Joshua Bowman






























Eddie: Chris Colfer














Sam: Kristen Bell














Alex on Twitter: @alexbrownbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment