Wednesday 8 October 2014

The First Time We Met – by Pippa Croft

Original Cover
My own copy


The blurb:

The First Time We Met is the first novel in the sizzling new Oxford Blue romance series from Pippa Croft.

Senator's daughter Lauren Cusack is leaving Washington behind for the dreaming spires of Oxford University - and she's ready for a challenge. Now a fully-fledged Master's student, Lauren is determined to make the most of every single minute.

But then she meets Alexander Hunt, and everything changes.

A devastatingly handsome English aristocrat, Alexander is as brooding and enigmatic as they come. Lauren tries to resist his advances, but he has his sights clearly set on the young American, and what Alexander wants, he gets.

Caution soon gives way to mind-blowing passion and Lauren is drawn into Alexander's privileged world of glamour and status. But all that glitters is not gold - for Alexander is a man with a dark past, and desire may not be enough to conquer all else . . .

My Opinion:

*Book provided by the publisher on NetGalley in exchange of an honest review*

The story follows Lauren, who has come to England to study for her master's degree.
Lauren is a very independent and confident girl and she definitely knows what she wants.
I had problems relating to her though, there was something I didn't like in her behaviour.

Then she meets Alexander, arrogant, wealthy and rich Alexander. They are attracted to each other immediately and that also translated into the writing. The lust spike for itself and they got closer quite fast, which for me was a bit too fast. There was no real story behind their relationship, which is a pity. The question now was: fling or real feelings?

After a while that got clearer, but to me it was not described really well in the story.

I liked the flirtatious, sexy and passionate scenes and towards the end the drama increased dramatically, which was great. There was still his ex and all his family wants him to be and her returning back home. So the second book is calling! 

To be honest, I don't know whether I'll red it, because I didn't really get into this story. I guess the writing is just not my style... There were some great scenes and moments, but something was missing for me.

Rating:




My possible cast:

Lauren: Candice Boucher















Alexander: Andrew Stetson















Pippa on Twitter: @PippaCroftBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment