Monday 17 November 2014

Blogger Q&A - Charlotte from Books and Baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Today I welcome Charlotte fro Boks and Baby on my blog. You can find her blog here: http://booksandbabyetc.blogspot.co.uk Thank you for answering my questions lovely xxx. 



1. Where were you born and where do you call home? 

I was born in the West Midlands in England. I moved around a bit when I was little but now I'm settled back in the Black Country! It's fairly close to Birmingham.

2. How long have you been blogging and why did you start doing it? 

I started blogging in July 2014 because I was in a  mega reading slump after starting a book I really didn't like. I thought that writing a log of my reading progress might encourage me to get back into it. It worked!

3. What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about? 

I've just done a review of Panic by Lauren Oliver.

4. What did you think about the cover? 

I thought it was okay, nothing special and it doesn't really tell you anything about the book.

5. If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be?

Is this book going to be part of a series? How do you feel about Panic being compared to The Hunger Games? Which character, out of any of your books, do you feel the biggest connection to?

6. What is you most favorite character and why? 

I don't think I can pick one absolute favourite but I do have a soft spot for Karou in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy.

7. What genre is your favorite and why? 

I'm a sucker for a good crime thriller. I love whodunnits and that fabulous suspense building you get in great murder mysteries! If I can guess who the killer is then I get a bit annoyed but that doesn't stop me from trying.

8. If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?

Can I be really sad and pick the Dictionary? I might as well learn something if I'm going to be stuck there a while. I'd also probably go for Never Let Me Go, which is one of my all time favourites and maybe something like I Heart New York for a bit of light relief.

9. Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

I'd like to sit down with Ryu Murakami for a while and find out what goes on inside his head. His books are insanely dark and grotesque but they are SO GOOD. He is obviously some kind of lunatic/genius. I love him.

10. Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

Can I pick all three? I love my eReader for ease of use. If I'm lying in bed or in the car (not driving obviously!) then I find it a lot easier to hold my Kindle than to manoeuvre my way around a big bulky book. It's also fits in my bag a lot better! Despite this I love browsing in book shops and the feeling of a book in your hands, as well as being able to see how much you've read. Hardcovers are usually the most beautiful but, for me, definitely only for display purposes. I can't read massive, heavy books.

11. Where do you prefer to buy your books? 

Online. I tend to go and spend ages in the bookshops looking at all the pretty covers and then I come home and order from Amazon UK. Don't hurt me.

12. Have you ever read a book more than once? 

I have but I don't do it very often. I like to keep discovering new things.

13. What book are you currently reading? 

I'm reading a proof of The Secret Place by Tana French and it is incredible.

14. What book are you about to start reading? 

I'm not sure what's next for me, possible The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks or Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.

15. Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of?

Yes. Every Stephen King book. He sucks at endings.

16. Do you have a favorite book cover? 

Chose up to 3 if you like. I don't have a favourite. I am always so overwhelmed by how beautiful book covers are these days! I don't think I could narrow it down to just three.

17. If you could plan the perfect holiday, what would it be? 

I would love to go to Japan. I am so intrigued by Japanese culture, I just want to go and take in all the sights, sounds, smells... everything!

18. How often do you blog? 

At the moment I'm still fairly new to all this so I'm trying to build up my posting schedule. I aim to blog at least three times a week, which is usually two reviews and either a feature or a tag.

19. What’s your favorite color? 

I like black and white! I'm quite plain really.

20. What are 5 items you never leave home without? 

Elsa! I am a full-time mummy so my little one comes with me wherever I go. I also go into panic mode if I haven't got my iPhone, my house keys, my far-too-big purse which never has any money in it and a hand sanitizer.

21. Favorite book character crush? Yes you can pick 2 :) 

I am in love with Colonel Brandon from Sense and Sensibility. He is the original romantic and nobody will ever compare to him.

22. Sleep in or get up early? 

Get up early. I never get chance to sleep in because Elsa is usually up by about 6.30 but I'm not really one for lie-ins anyway!

23. Summer or winter?

Winter. I don't like being too hot.

24. White wine or red? 

Neither. I hate wine, it makes me gag.

25. Coffee or tea? 

Again, neither. I'm not much of a hot drinks person. I'll have a green tea though if I'm pushed.

26. Where can we find you?

Twitter: @booksandbaby

No comments:

Post a Comment