Monday 19 January 2015

My passion for reading by Tanya

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


















When asked if I would like to do a guest post I jumped at the chance who doesn’t like talking about themselves and even better talking about a passion for reading.
I was very lucky as although my dad did not read when I was younger I witnessed my mum reading all the time and I picked up on this enthusiasm.  My first memory of actually purchasing my own book was when I was about 7/8.  We used to have this little independent book shop in town which allowed you to save for a book a little at a time.  I took in my money and she would mark of on a card what I had paid and then would order a book in for me, if it wasn’t in stock, I would then pick it up the following Saturday.  The first books I bought were the Mallory towers set by Enid Blyton.  I purchased one book at a time.  They stood in pride of place on my book shelf for many a year and I still remember that feeling of walking out of the store with my little book in a bag.
I continued to read all my childhood life and into adult hood and although I don’t like some genres I am willing to relook at them every now and again.  I have enjoyed and have been lucky enough to be asked to guest review on a few blogs and also have met so many lovely people after joining twitter in July 2014.   Thankfully this has given me a lot of happiness and I feel like I am achieving something.
And yes I still love the smell and feel of a new book and the first thing I do when I get home is to smell it and flick through the pages.

2 comments:

  1. The bookshop sounds awesome! Lovely, lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing, unfortunately it's not there anymore x

    ReplyDelete