Friday 3 April 2015

Ivy Lane – by Cathy Bramley

Original Cover
My own copy 

The blurb:

Tilly Parker needs a fresh start, fresh air and a fresh attitude if she is ever to leave the past behind and move on with her life. As she seeks out peace and quiet in a new town, taking on a plot at Ivy Lane allotments seems like the perfect solution.

But the friendly Ivy Lane community has other ideas and gradually draw Tilly in to their cosy, comforting world of planting seedlings, organizing bake sales and planning seasonal parties.

As the seasons pass, will Tilly learn to stop hiding amongst the sweetpeas and let people back into her life – and her heart?

My Opinion:

*Book provided by the publisher on NetGalley in echange for an honest review* 

I wanted to read this book for a while, never came round to it when it was a four part series and then I saw it on NetGalley and took the chance.

This story has it all – love, romance, humour, emotions etc.
The main character Tilly Parker is so lovely. She is a teacher like I am and I guess that’s why I loved her so much! Tilly starts new at Ivy Lane and we don’t know for a long time what happened in her past and what has made her the person she is today. I was very intrigued to find out and kept guessing and guessing. I liked that she opened up more and more, it was clear that the other people at Ivy Lane made her feel comfortable and welcome.
Tilly gives a lot to the other people – putting their needs and feelings first.
The Ivy Lane community is amazing, loved reading about all these different and unique characters.
Also the other characters were well lined out and fit the story perfectly. I love that Tilly found her best friend in Gemma and I also liked her friendship with Charlie, even though he wanted it to be more, which also made the storyline more interesting of course.

When a TV crew arrives and films them for a documentary everything gets more exciting and fascinating. Especially the producer Aidan brings a lot of passion and excitement into it. I felt the spark between him and Tilly immediately, but they took quite a while to finally realise it themselves and Tilly kept on saying “It’s complicated”. Oh and what about Charlie?! Aidan might be a bit jealous and his job didn’t make it any easier for them.

The four parts/seasons were all great and I loved how they all fit their name perfectly. I’m still glad I read the book as a whole, because the parts always ended with something that made me really curious.

The ending around Christmas is sweet and perfect. The atmosphere is magical and the Secret Santa thing is so cute, especially what Secret Santa has in store for Tilly.

Lots of action, drama and laughter make the storyline flow beautifully and Cathy’s writing is sweet, magical and warm. It’s a feel good book with lots of memorable moments.

Rating:




My possible cast:

Tilly: Felicity Jones
















Aidan: Ben Barnes
















Charlie: Gabriel Macht




























Gemma: Diane Kruger















Cathy on Twitter: @CathyBramley

No comments:

Post a Comment