Saturday 29 August 2015

Books of my Childhood

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


















Next to the books I blogged about last week (…) the following ones, were a great part of my childhood.

Max and Moritz

Max and Moritz (A Story of Seven Boyish Pranks) is a German language illustrated story in verse. This highly inventive, blackly humorous tale, told entirely in rhymed couplets, was written and illustrated by Wilhelm Busch and published in 1865.
The pranks are just so funny and hilarious and I loved the illustartions.


Pippi Longstocking

Pippi Longstocking (Swedish Pippi Långstrump) is the protagonist in the Pippi Longstocking series of children's books by Swedish author Astrid Lindgren. Pippi Longstocking lives with her horse and monkey (Mr. Nilsson) in Villa Villekula. She is strong and independent. With her friend Thomas and Annika she goes through many adeventures. I remember my mum telling me the stories, never read them myself, but then I saw all these TV adaptions, just loved it!


Fairytales – The Grimm Brothers

I was a big fairytale fan as a child, probably still am.
Cinderella, Snowwhite, The Frog Prince, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel etc. The Brothers Grimm (or Die Brüder Grimmor Die Gebrüder Grimm), Jacob (1785–1863) and Wilhelm Grimm (1786–1859), were German academics, linguists, cultural researchers, lexicographers and authors who together specialized in collecting and publishing folklore during the 19th century. They were among the best-known storytellers of folk tales,

Harry Potter

And last but not least Harry Potter of course. This is the reason I love reading so much! This magical world and the adventures of Harry, Ron and Hermione are just AWESOME!!! I don’t think I have to tell you about these books, so that’s it.


No comments:

Post a Comment