Tuesday 5 July 2016

Why I Miss Being a Student


Two years ago I graduated from university with my primary education degree, that’s why I thought it’s time to look back and see if I miss certain things about being a student. Here we go...

I’m surrounded by my own students now every day, they are all there eager to learn something new. Sometimes I kind of miss just getting into a room, sitting down and listening to a professor. I’m the one standing in front now, so my role is the total opposite now.

No more student discounts! Everywhere I was able to just show my student card and I got a discount, that was fab. I can’t do that anymore; I have to pay full price everywhere. In addition, to that I didn’t have to pay taxes and now I do. Don’t get me wrong, I love earning my own money, but that was definitely an advantage.

Summers were really long, I mean I still get a lot of holidays, especially in summer, but I was just free and didn’t have to prepare lessons ;).

I lost contact with most of my uni friends, which is a pity. We always had so much fun together, whether it was during lectures, preparing for exams, enjoying lunch or going out in the evening. So I would say that social life was just different back then.

I went to university in Lucerne. I love this city, so beautiful. It’s about an hour away from home by public transport. I have only gone back about five times since graduating. The city has so much to offer and I kind of miss it. Continuing the topic, I kind of miss the journey to uni everyday. An hour in bus and train, I know that doesn’t sound great, but it was fab to read all my books and listen to music.

Together with the money topic also comes parental support. My parents were great during my uni time, now I have to pay for everything myself, which is totally ok though ;).

So, I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you think. I will also write about reasons why I don’t miss uni, because it’s just fab!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment