Sunday 21 August 2016

After You - by Jojo Moyes

Original Cover
My own copy

The blurb:

Lou Clark has lots of questions.
Like how it is she's ended up working in an airport bar, spending every shift watching other people jet off to new places.
Or why the flat she's owned for a year still doesn't feel like home.
Whether her close-knit family can forgive her for what she did eighteen months ago.
And will she ever get over the love of her life.
What Lou does know for certain is that something has to change.
Then, one night, it does.
But does the stranger on her doorstep hold the answers Lou is searching for - or just more questions?
Close the door and life continues: simple, ordered, safe.
Open it and she risks everything.
But Lou once made a promise to live. And if she's going to keep it, she has to invite them in . . .

My Opinion:

I know the book came out last year, but I waited for the paperback. I think the are just more handy and the work better with the rstnof my books in my bookshelf. Well, anyway I was really excited to read this and see what Louisa Clark has been up too. Me Before You is still one of my faveourite books ever!

Louisa Clark now works in an airport bar, life is not exciting at all, she still tries to get over the love of her life and she has a lot of questions. Something has to change and she is determined to make to next step. When a person she doesn't know turns up in her life, her world is turned upside down. She also meets a man, but is she ready for a relationship?! And then there is her family, all of them think she is in a really bad state. You see Louisa has a lot to deal with and was great reading about her again.

I didn't know what to expect from this sequel and now after reading I have to say that it didn't convince me as Me Before You. Of course it doesn't have to be like that book and don't expect it to be. At times I got a bit lost in the story and I have to say I didn't like the ending. It's hard to explain, but it I had difficulties with Lou this time and parts of the story were not authentic for me.

I still really enjoyed this book, it was fab reading about certain characters again and you can see that Jojo put a lot of heart and passion in this book. It's a story about loss, family, trust, friendship and life. It's beautifully written, Jojo Moyes always finds the right words.

Rating:




My possible cast:

Louisa: Emilia Clark



 


































Jojo on Twitter: @jojomoyes

No comments:

Post a Comment