Monday 1 August 2016

Pokémon Go Book Tag



When Pokémon Go came out all over the world, I wasn’t able to play yet, because it wasn’t release in Switzerland yet. When it was, I got obsessed with it (not as bad as some other though). I found this blog post on Aentee’s blog Read at Midnight and thought: WHAT A FAB IDEA! So of course I had to do it.

Rules:
   NIL. Link back to Aentee’s blog is appreciated but optional. Feel free to use her graphics. Tag people, don’t tag people, whatever. Just have fun!


Starter Pokémons have such great nostalgic values.  Charmander was the first I caught and I love Squirtle, they are so cute.

For the bookish equivalent there is only one possible answer: Harry Potter, thank you J.K. Rowling. I hated reading before picking up these books, but then it all started, I got hooked and couldn’t put the books down anymore.


I just adore Pikachu.

My bookish equivalent of Pikachu is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. My favourite classic by far, I just like the story, such a classic and great novel.


Zubats are everywhere, that’s true and I don’t even like them.

My Zubat in book form has to be the Twilight series. There was a time, when they were literally everywhere!


The elusive Ditto still have not appeared in this game yet, but this amorphous Pokémon is so loveable.

Hmmm, that was actually a hard one for me. A lot of chick-lit books are very similar to each other, a lot oft hem cover various kinds of shops, like flower shops, book shops or bakeries. One series I really adore is The Gingerbread Series by Rebecca Raisin. The world Rebecca created in this series is just so sweet and wonderful.


I have yet to encounter Snorlax in Pokémon Go – but this tag references the Game Boy games where he sits and chills in the middle of the route and make your life difficult.

There are a lot of series I haven’t started yet, not because of their size, but just because of time. A series I wanted to read for a while and still haven’t is the On Dublin Street series by Samantha Young.


Ah, Gengar, one of the ghostly Pokémon ;).

There are a lot of books I abandoned sleep for, but let’s make it clearer. When reading a book by Aven Ellis I always read all night, because I’m just so hooked to the story, the writing and the characters. 


Don’t really know what to say about these Pokémon, king and queen I guess ;).

I have a lot of book OTPs: Kenley and Nate (The Definition of Icing by Aven Ellis), Meg and Johnny (Baby Be Mine by Paige Toon) etc. (We would be here a very long time).


Rapidash is so pretty and graceful!

Hmmm, the first fast-paced read that comes to mind is What a Girls Wants by Lindsey Kelk, don’t ask my why though. It’s very entertaining and exciting!


Eevee, so adorable and cute!

And the answer is simple Harry Potter, my all time favourite series.


As you well know, this lowly fish will one day be a fearsome Gyarados.

The Actually series by Ali McNamara, I got so hooked and I loved loved loved it so much! An awesome series!!!


Ahhh these birds are still some of my favourite Legendary design.
I’m going with the 50 Shades series for this one. Still planning on reading these books some day.


Mew and Mewtwo, always liked their names.

Believe it or not, but I actually don’t own a collector’s edition of the Harry Potter books.


Always exciting, to see what comes out!

Hmmm, debut novels are always really exciting. The one I’m looking forward to most at the moment is On the Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher.


Always comes in handy, right?!

My autobuy authors are: Aven Ellis, Paige Toon, Lindsey Kelk, Jenny Hale, Holly Martin and Giovanna Fletcher.


If you play this game, you’ll know how painful this screen is – bane of my existence, yet I can’t keep myself from checking back constantly in hope the game is back up.

My bookish equivalent for this, like everyone else, is the next books in the Dallas Demons series by Aven Ellis, I just adore these characters.

1 comment:

  1. Pokemon Red and Blue's battle system is composed of gameplay mechanics that are common by many turn-based Japanese RPGs. If you want to know more about pokemon, you can find its details on pokemon fire red cheats.

    ReplyDelete