Saturday 6 August 2016

Simona Hits LONDON!!! (Again 😉)


At the end of July, I made a little trip to London with my mum. We try to go on a city trip every year and since we both love London; the choice was pretty obvious. Surprisingly I didn’t attend a book event this time. I wanted to meet some of my lovely blogging friends, but time didn’t allow it and somehow the timing was a bit off. Next time anyway ;).

We flew to City Airport Thursday morning and arrived at the hotel at around 10.30 am, which allowed us to still enjoy the whole day. We quickly unpacked, freshened up and then hit the streets of London. The first stop took us tot he Palace Theatre, where Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is performed. Of course I had to take a picture ;). We then picked up the tickets for Book of Mormon in the evening and went to Covent Garden. The shops around there are awesome, so of course we spent time there. Then we decided to have lunch at LuDurée in Covent Garden, because I just love their omelette. The omelette was fab, but the rest oft he experience was not. My mum got really old salad, it was yellow and had spots all over, then they gave us fries we didn’t order, the actual food took forever to arrive and the service was lousy. They didn’t even say sorry. When we payed (I almost expected them to put the fries on the bill as well, they didn’t), he came back and said we didn’t give enough money, but we did. Then he found it by the till on the floor. Unbelievable!!! We had to beauty/fashion bloggers sitting next to us. My god, so typical bloggers, only taking pictures! They didn’t even talk to each other or eat the food in the right order, a bit over the top for me to be honest.
Well, anyway. We continued the shopping afterwards. Back at the hotel, I enjoyed my Starbucks coffee and then got ready for the show in the evening. We had dinner at the Rosso Pomodoro at Seven Dials and then headed to the Prince of Wales theatre. The Book of Mormon was AWESOME!!! Check out my musical review later this month.


After breakfast on Friday we walked to Trafalgar Square and then along the Mall to the Buckingham Palace. We booked Fashioning a Reign 90 Years of Style from The Queen's Wardrobe. So we were able to see about 130 dress the queen has worn and also get into Buckingham Palace. WE WERE IN THERE!!!! Actually there, where guest arrive, where she greets them, where she eats dinner with them etc. It was very overwhelming. Ando mg these dress, very unique and special. It’s funny how they all look not really fashionable, but on her they look great. In the end we were also able to walk through the gardens oft he palace.
Our next stop was Harrods and the chicken in the food halls. I just love having lunch there. We then also went tot he fashion labs and the gift shop. After hitting Topshop across the street, we took a taxi back to Soho, got the tickets for Aladdin and then went to Foyles, my paradise. Back at the hotel it was coffee time again and getting ready. We had dinner at an Italian restaurant close tot he theatre and then went to see the show. It was FAB!!! These colours and effects are amazing, read more in my musical review, coming soon...



Hello Saturday and hello Regent Street! This street is awesome for shopping!!! A little stop took us to Starbucks, where I played around with the Harry Potter filters on Snapchat ;). After finishing Regent Street, we went to Carnaby Street. Lunch took us to this amazing Tapas place called Dehesa, we had avocado bruschetta with rocket salad and tomatoes and artichokes with beans and a pea salad. SO DELICIOUS!!!! Of course we the walked through Carnaby Street and hit some shops, before going back to the hotel and getting ready for another show. This time we took a taxi to the show, but getting a taxi was not easy at all, because of Ride London, so many roads were closed. We still made it on time to the Menier Chocolate Factory (I saw “Assassins” there 1 ½ years ago). After dinner there, we went into the theatre, it’s really small and what they did with the stage is great. This was an “Into the Woods” in a very different way, but GREAT! More of course in my musical review.



Sunday was the last day already. It took us down to the Thames and the London Eye, where we just enjoyed the sunshine. Then we went to Waterstones. No I didn’t buy Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, because I pre-ordered it online J. I bought some other books though. We also stopped quickly at the Picture Galley and then did the rest of Covent Garden, Sven Dials, before having a late lunch at Jamie’s Italian. Then it was time to say goodbye and go to the airport. I went a little crazy in duty free ;). The best thing about the flight was the view onto London from the plane! JUST FAB!!!







2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your LaDuree experience wasn't amazing- their NYC and Paris locations have always been nothing but great for me! It looks like you had some good weather for your trip, though! I'm jealous!!

    Emily // www.exceptionallyemily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time though I went to this specific LaDurée before and I also went to one in Paris, always loved it! Yeah, the weather was ok, not as warm though, only sunny on the last day. Thanks for your comment xx

      Delete