Wednesday 14 September 2016

Sky's Musical Corner - Musical Q&A with Paris


     What’s your favourite musical ever?

I love so many, but I think Wicked is probably my absolute fave.

     What comes to mind when you hear the word Musical?

Fun, magic, emotions, laughter, music, tears - they're one of my favourite things in the world,they just make me feel all warm and fuzzy!

     Have you ever seen a Musical on the West End or Broadway?

I saw Beauty and the Beast on Broadway and on the West End I've seen Caboret, Kinky Boots, Wicked, The Lion King (twice!) and Dirty Dancing.

     What’s the next musical you want to see?

I'd love to see The Book of Mormon and Matilda.

     Which musicals have you seen live?

I try and get to every musical I can, I've seen Blood Brothers, Joseph, Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Jesus Christ Superstar, Hairspray, Guys and Dolls and probably a few more I'm forgetting! I've also been in performances of Oliver, The Sound of Music and Legally Blonde, to name a few.

     What’s your favourite song out of a musical?

So hard to choose just one! Defying Gravity is just sensational, and I have a slight obsession with A Little Fall of Rain from Les Mis.

     Who’s you favourite Musical actress?

Idina Menzel, she's my idol!

     Who’s you favourite Musical actor?

Michael Ball is just a classic and I also love Lee Mead.

     Best Musical movie you have ever seen?

Tough choice between Wicked and The Lion King, the staging for both were phenomenal and the performances were astounding. I saw Idina Menzel doing Wicked though, so that probably wins it for me!

     Which book would you turn into a musical?

Ooh great question! I'd choose a really cute chick lit which would have some really fun and really moving songs, maybe something like PS. I Love You, though on the other hand who wouldn't want to see a full blown Harry Potter musical?!

     Which musical has the best soundtrack?

Wicked and Les Mis are both amazing, I also love The Last Five Years and Legally Blonde, which both have fantastic sound tracks.

     Take your favourite Musical and put together your own dream cast.

Elphaba - Me (I can say this is in a dream cast!)
Fiyero - Lee Mead
Glinda - Kristen Chenoweth (she's perfect, doesn't need changing!)
Nessa - Anna Kendrick

     Who is your favourite Musical composer?

Andrew Lloyd Webber

     Which Musical made/makes you cry?

An embarrassing amount of them, but Les Miserabes literally gets me in floods of tears.

Paris on Twitter: @PBscribbles

No comments:

Post a Comment