Monday 12 December 2016

Simona's Cosy Corner of Christmas - Guest post by Ninnie


When Simona tweeted out about dong a Christmas feature I just had to sign up! Christmas is one of my favourite times of year! It takes me a while to get into it, I don’t really go all in until after my birthday at the end of November but once I’m there it’s game on! I go all out, I get my Christmas mug down, my Christmas jumper out, my Christmas onsie on and this year I even managed to find myself a Christmas dress for Christmas Day covered in candy canes, gingerbread men and snowflakes! I cannot tell you how excited I am to wear that!

But, anyway, that is enough about my addiction to Christmas themed stuff…

I think my all-time favourite thing about Christmas is getting to spend time with my family. They mean the absolute world to me and every year we get together and have a meal. Our family has grown a lot over the last few years and we now have 6 kids under 9 around on Christmas Day, it’s insane (and I survived it last year with an endless stream of Prosecco) but it is so much fun! Kids make Christmas and I love having the little ones around and I can’t wait for the day I have my own kids to add to the shenanigans!

If you follow me on Twitter you know that I love a bit of baking so every year I bake something for my family. Nothing beats the smell of Christmas themed baking in the house. I’m not sure what it will be this year but I am leaning toward gingerbread! Maybe a gingerbread house… we will see…

Oh and let’s not forget the tree! If I had my way my tree would be real and going up on the first weekend in December but I’m not allowed to so I have to wait til mid-December. For the tree decorating I get out my Christmas songs, make a hot chocolate and get going. I am such a perfectionist with the tree and my mum and I decorate it together and debate over where the decorations look best while my Dad watches on.

And once we’re all ready I get out my onesie and the collection of Christmas DVDs I own and hibernate snuggled on my sofa with my family around me. Bliss.

And now for my this and that answers!

- Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Day
- Real tree or fake tree? Real (but I can’t have a real one *sad panda*)
- Snowman or snow angel? Snowman
- Jingle Bells or Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
- Gold or silver? OH! This is just mean! Probably silver…
- White lights or colorful lights? Colorful :)
- All I Want for Christmas or Last Christmas? Last Christmas
- Love Actually or The Holiday? The Holiday (I can’t actually stand Love Actually *hides from the pitchforks*

Website: www.bookaholicbabe.co.uk    


No comments:

Post a Comment