Saturday 1 October 2016

I’m Not a Morning Person


6 am, Monday morning, alarm goes off!!!

Yes, this exactly! I just want to stay in my comfy bed. Mondays are the worst, but also the other days. I mean I love my job, but getting up in the morning is so hard sometimes.

The funniest thing: I wasn’t like that at all as a child. I was the perfect example of a morning person. I got up immediately, smiled and talked like a crazy person. Even on weekends I got up really early, most oft he time with my brother, so we could play Nintendo and our parents wouldn’t find out, that was so much fun.

I still get up pretty fast, I don’t hit the snooze button, but that doesn’t mean that I actually want to get up. Everything just works really slowly ;). During breakfast I don’t want to disturbed at all. If someone speaks and wants to talk to me I barely react, I’m just not ready for a conversation yet.



Coffee helps me! As most of you know I love coffee, so I have one pretty soon in the morning. What also helps: water, I started drinking more water and that is just good to feel fresh and it’s good for your body.

In spring and summer it’s easier to get up, it’s so much harder in the winter months, when it’s still dark outside and the weather is bad.

There are a lot of tips online on how to be become a morning person, but seriously, if you’re not a morning person, don’t force it. Why should you change your whole routine for it?! We are all unique individuals with different personalities, some of use are night owls and work better in the evening and others do everything in the morning. This is what makes the world interesting and we shouldn’t all be the same. You learn to love with whatever your situation is. I mean I’m not a morning person, but I prefer working in the mornings, so that I can go home in he afternoon and enjoy other things! Otherwise I would just sleep until 9 am and the morning is gone, I don’t really see the point in this.

On weekends I tend to sleep until around 10 am, I like to lie in and maybe read for a while.

So here is my story about this topic. What about you? Are you a morning person?!


1 comment:

  1. 6am is very early for someone that isn't a morning person! I'm not one either but I am enjoying wake-up up a littler earlier than I usually would recently. It's all down to the number of hours you get so i'm trying to get to sleep earlier on a night meaning i'm not quite so zombie like in the morning!
    Amy at Amy & More

    ReplyDelete