Monday 5 December 2016

Simona's Cosy Corner of Christmas - Guest post by Kayla


Christmas Tradition

There's one tradition that I look forward to every single year. 5 years ago, my dad and I took my youngest cousin, Christina to a light display that we had all only heard about. A few towns over there is an EPIC light display that is choreographed to music and has thousands and thousands of lights-it's actually the world record holder! We picked her up and headed over. We "oohhed" and "ahhhed" and sang along the whole time. Then the next year I wasn't particularly in the Christmas spirit, but when Christina asked when we were going for our new tradition, I couldn't resit. 


Riding in the car, giggling and gossiping, teasing my dad, and hoping we'll be able to loop the display at least 3 times is part of the fun. Each year gets bigger and bigger and they've even posted the song list with times so you can plan your trip through accordingly. 


As Christina gets older, I cherish this tradition. Now that she's 16, she still thinks I'm really cool and loves to hang with me, but sometimes she wants to hang with her friends instead. I'm just thankful that I get at least one night with her during the holiday season that I look forward to all year long, xo!

This or That

- Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Oh, good question...hmm I guess Christmas Day. Just for the fact that I don't have work. 
- Real tree or fake tree? Fake. It's less work!
- Snowman or snow angel? Snowman...Olaf, duh. 
- Jingle Bells or Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer? Rudolph! I'm even going to see the live show this year.
- Gold or silver? Ahhhh, another hard one. I think I'd pick gold. 
- White lights or colorful lights? White!
- All I Want for Christmas or Last Christmas? Last Christmas, hands down! I like all the covers, but prefer the original. 
- Love Actually or The Holiday? I've only seen each of these once, so I guess The Holiday.
instagram | @polishedandbubbly

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me love! I was so excited to share my favorite holiday tradition :) Merry Christmas, xx!

    ReplyDelete